Tuesday, September 05, 2006

More exercise

Yesterday I spent a heap of money (for me) on Ebay and bought a treadmill! Well, it wasn't as expensive as even the cheapest one at the local sports store, so I think it will be a good deal. They're sending it to me from Melbourne, but I'm not sure when it will arrive.

When it comes I'll be able to add my walking k's onto the trip around Australia. Since I restarted I've only ridden 50km on my exercise bike, mainly due to being a bit weary. I don't think I've had one night in the last week where I've had more than 4 hours of sleep. Stupid restless legs! I make up for it by falling asleep on the couch in the middle of the day.

We've rearranged our lounge room a bit. With quite some effort, we moved one of our new recliners into the other lounge room, where the two old chairs were. Nathan's finished his four ornament shelves in there, complete with brackets made by the blacksmith at Sovereign Hill, five ornaments and a bit of dust. And his mum has recently finished all our curtains. So now it looks like a proper lounge room and not just a spare room for the clothes horse!

I sat in there the other night, when Nathan was asleep and I was up reading at 2am. I had the heater on, my feet up, my milo on the table next to me, and a book. It was great! I've finished reading "The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy" again, plus the 3 books that come after it. (They were bound into one book called "The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy: a trilogy in four parts") Funny book. Ridiculously hilarious. Oddly witty. Now I'm reading a wierd but interesting science fiction one borrowed from a nurse I work with.

Nathan's got a new xbox game, which he's playing now. I actually haven't played the Sims 2 for some time... too much working. I have managed to marry off my eldest daughter to Adam and Ruth's son, Joseph, though. Hehe.

Speaking of kids, congrats to my old friends Tim and Marnie, who are having another cute baby next February. You guys should consider moving back here; there are nice blocks for sale right across the road from us, you know...

No comments: