Monday, September 15, 2008

On August 26, we tried Controlled Crying with Byron, where you leave him crying in his cot for 3 minutes, then 5, 7, 9, etc. until he's asleep, calming him down briefly in between. We got up to 15 before he conked out, exhausted, on top of his covers! Over an hour of angry screaming (and I'm sure even my family will have trouble imagining Byron doing that) ... he was quite croaky the next day.

I started my tally again, and he has woken up in the night 3 times in the last 20... the last was September 6! We didn't even have a repeat the second night; his little spirit was broken. lol!

Jasmine has been sleeping really well at night. She was grizzly as the evening wore on. Don't know why it didn't occur to me that she might want to go to bed before me. So now she goes to bed around 9, and sleeps for 6 or 7 hours. Then she'll drink and go back to sleep. What a good baby!

As for me, I'm doing some spring cleaning, today. I've taken a bag of old clothes out to the car, ready to drop in a charity bin, and I've emptied and repacked all my drawers. Always feels nice to Spring clean.

1 comment:

kelgell said...

Good to hear they are sleeping pretty well for you. Hope that keeps up. I should do a bit of cleaning up today too coz we have people coming over tonight.

Must be time to update the speil under your blog name. I read it just before and realised it must be 4 years old now. I'M 28 now! He he.